08 September 2007

Facebook apps suck ass

I quite like Facebook. Not because it is intrinsically good, because I don't think it is, but because it has gained sufficient momentum that you have a decent chance of dredging up people from your past and putting you in direct contact with them. It's like a much, much less odious Friends Reunited.

What I do I like is the idea of the applications since they incentivize you to keep interacting with these blasts from your past.

However, the interaction model of applications absolutely blows.

If my friend installs an app that invites a response from me (and there are lots of nice survey and question apps), why do I have to install it too if I want to respond?

Clearly what I want to do in order to answer a simple question is clutter my profile with yet another application, oh and give the developers access to my profile.

It's just asinine. Cut that shit out.


1 comment:

Phil Wilson said...

It's woefully, woefully lame.