06 September 2005

Whatever happened to "it just works"?

Screenshot
I tried to play some music off a colleague's computer today.

Turns out she had bought it from the iTMS.

So rather than playing some music, iTunes pops up this charming dialog.

The problems with this are just crazy. Firstly it's not my song, so how am I going to be able to authorize it?

Secondly the Apple ID it defaults to is not mine, or one I have ever heard of. Is it hers? Is it an example?

But mostly the problem is "if it's OK to stream your ripped CDs far and wide, why the fuck can't you stream iTMS tracks?"

It's like they don't want you to buy them. I've instinctively avoided buying any DRMed files, and now my colleague says she won't be buying any more either.

What a complete and utter fucking joke.

1 comment:

Phil Wilson said...

Basically, if you're wanting to play the Black Eyed Peas, you deserve everything you get.